07 May 2009

walkin

the world will swallow you up whole it you let it
watch the road, try not to get too close to the edges
some people on the path might try to push you off
but if you make it i heard the goal is worth the walk
so i'm walking on pushing through the struggle of living
yet after every long night the bright sun again has risen
and lit the way, so we walk another day
one foot after the other hoping that they don't stray
lead me right, i keep trusting and i'm praying this life
for all its burdens is just a part of the price that we pay
for everlasting and a slice of paradise and that's it's
more than just chance in rolling the pair of dice
or playing the hand it dealt me and i'm searching on the side
for another who truly felt me to walk this path with me right
to hold me up when i'm falling or down when i'm floating
and i'll use my last strength to help you too in your coping
because it's heavy all alone, so many end up lost
or sell out for dreams of comfort getting swindled by the frost
you know the cold that grows slowly
and covers diamonds with moss

3 comments:

  1. aaron. come to portland! there's some junior youth i'd like you to meet.. and i miss your friendly happy spirit! (and Saman!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd love to come check you guys out in portland. once i come out west for grad school it won't be too far either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed that poem bruh. Glad I read it. I'm struggling to walk that road and trying not to get knocked on my arse so much...

    ReplyDelete