24 May 2009

under pressure

the pressure builds up i feel like i can't take it
so i fake it, sometimes it's the only way to make it
i feel naked, all alone with no defenses
racks my senses and comes out in my sentences
guess it's revenge against all the times i feel focused
wonder why it doesn't work out how i hoped it would
if i could i'd control every angle to make it certain
that the hurting was contained in a corner of my brain
conductor hold the train, it's a strain i can't rush

hush to all the voices

i find i feel best when i make my own choices
not with every direction that's pulling me
been a long time, been a long rhyme
feel the wrong enzyme release the wrong hormone
that's why i fall out the zone of coherence in my life

to chaos in my thoughts

no way to settle down when the maze leaves you lost
sometime when we pay we don't realize the cost
it can be a lot how do we know it's enough
i pray to recognize when i'm spending too much

No comments:

Post a Comment