09 June 2009

to my.......

to my people still pedaling holding stereos
to the kids without ipods playing music from cell phones

to my young dudes sitting by the train pan handling
to my mothers working three shifts while the streets raise the kids

to my families with one bedroom for ten people to live
to the minimum wagers that find change to give

to my daughters scared of daddy coming back so you hid
to my sons who went through what my daughters just did

to the parents who suffered so hard to give us this
but never talk about the struggle they try so hard to forget

for the children coming up that can't appreciate it and
take for granted that they're standing on the shoulders of giants

for my atheists dying daily through self-reliance
and can't see God blowing the breath of life that's inside them

for the pastor on his knees, in denial of the wolves
decimating his sheep and power of the Lord

as He who truly blesses and keeps the soil
of the hearts fertile for the harvest we reap

for the imams on jomeh protecting the believers, who hear
Allah call yet are too backwards to pick up the receiver

for fundamentalists preaching the return of the Son, that
burn in hell until its burned in them the Prophets are ONE

to my killers that took life with no value for their own
with a death wish for deliverance from being alone

to my doctors writing prescriptions for kickbacks on drugs
and taking long vacations to test new golf clubs

for the chemists that cook crack and others that cure cancer
and the students by day and by night exotic dancers

for the hopeless romantics and cheating 'gimme 1 more chancers'
for the passive aggressives to the eager to get the last words

to concrete jungle survivors and lazies grazing in pastures
to baby-boomers flashing back to '68 & thugs that bully for stature

to those losing their way and couldn't wait for the Rapture
what if i told you that it already came and had passed ya

would you open your eyes, or would you hush me with laughter?

1 comment: